Last Empties Post of the Year… Vol. 4
It’s been an amazing year in many ways, and I hope you’ve enjoyed all the product reviews or introductions here on the blog. Reality is, it takes much more time to write a skincare/bodycare/haircare review than makeup. On the other hand, I think it is far easier to get through those products, and so I’ve taken to documenting my empties to better speak to my fondness of some of these stuff that never makes it to the blog. There are way too many to go into detail here, so please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below!
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Oil [reviewed here] is the 3rd bottle I’ve finished. I use it mainly to clean up after swatching makeup, and it’s really effective and cheap. Highly recommended for those looking for an affordable drugstore cleanser.
- Biotherm Life Plankton Essence [reviewed here] is not as great for eczema as it is marketed to be, in fact it stings on broken skin. But it does reduce irritation once it settles, and provides an immediate hydration boost. Not my favourite and will not be restocking.
- Origins Three Part Harmony Cream-to-Oil Cleanser [reviewed here] is actually a very lovely cleanser that cleanses well without either stripping the skin completely dry nor leaving an oily film behind.
- Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil [reviewed here] cleanses makeup thoroughly, and rinses off completely without any oily residue. Not too pricey too, for the quality!
- Lancôme Advanced Genifique Sensitive [reviewed here] sorted out my stressed skin nicely, but once my skin was back to its original condition, it started breaking me out instead.
- Chanel UV Essentiel [reviewed here] has one of the highest sun protective factors yet lightweight texture for a physical sunscreen that I’ve tried. It does leave a slight white cast initially, but when well blended in, it disappears and serves as a very lovely makeup base. Definitely worth repurchasing!
- Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Serum [reviewed here] is lightweight and effective. It also hydrates skin nicely. The soft herbaceous scent is also a nice plus. I was surprised to see this completely finished, and certainly miss it!
- Clarins Enhancing Eye Lift Serum [reviewed here] is as effective today as it was a year ago at lifting my droopy lids. I am quite certain there is more than 15ml contained in this bottle as I’ve been using it daily for a year, and twice daily for the last 3 months. Very good value for money!
- Origins PlantscriptionTM Powerful Lifting Neck and Decollete Treatment [reviewed here] is another one that I’m sure contains more than what’s labelled on the bottle. It moisturises my neck without irritating my sensitive skin, and light enough to be used in the day.
- YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara is a classic, one of my personal favourites. It lengthens without clumping, and does not weigh my lashes down. Also budge-proof, which is a huge plus for me.
- Estee Lauder Little Black Primer [reviewed here] – I use this on a daily basis as a lash topper to seal in my mascara so it does not smudge. This is probably my 3rd tube, and I’ve another 2 more in my stash.
- Lancome Cils Booster Mascara Base transforms any mascara into bulletproof hold. Been using this for a year, much longer than I should for hygiene purpose, but I liked it too much to let it go.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow is a cult-favourite, and I can see why they are so well loved. However, I personally do not see how it is superior to any other lip balm in the market, and it took me much longer than most other people I know to completely finish this. Will not be repurchasing because it is so expensive, and I do have plenty more to get through
- L’oreal Mythic Oil Hair Mask was heavily scented, unfortunately not something that I could get around to embracing. This is a heavy hair mask, and weighs my hair down with silicons. Not going to repurchase.
- Dove Advanced Hair Series Pure Care Dry Oil Conditioner is also another one that is heavily scented and filled with silicons. Does help sort out my dry tangled hair though, but weighs down the top.
- Goldwell Kerasilk Reconstruct Shampoo [reviewed here] is another from my beloved haircare range, which I had already raved about several times on past empties post. I plan to move onto other haircare products in the coming year, just to try out new brands, so I will not be featuring Kerasilk in future posts. But if you hadn’t already tried this range, I highly encourage you to!
- Yves Rocher Olive Oil Shower Gel is really great for those with sensitive or irritated skin! I used it on my son with eczema, and it cleanses without stripping off the natural moisture on his skin. Not strongly scented either, which makes it ideal for sensitive skin.
- Crabtree & Evelyn Goat Milk & Oat Hand Wash is lovely for those with dry, chapped hands. The light scent is very appealing too, great for the family.
- Clarins Body Fit is the latest version of the popular slimming product. Unfortunately, I think my cellulite is far too embedded and severe for this to help.
- Clarins Body Shaping Cream is something I’ve been applying religiously to my tummy for the past year. It does not seem to help with my protruding tummy, but it did help lighten the stretch marks.
- Acca Kappa Calycanthus Shower Gel [reviewed here] has a strong invigorating scent that took awhile to get accustomed to, but eventually grew to become something I quite enjoy.
- Origins Rituali Tea Cleansing Body Mask [reviewed here] is not really a personal favourite of mine. The texture is too coarse and dry, and difficult to apply to the entire body without fistfuls falling off. Decided to throw this one away because it became too hard to get out of the tube and ants started making their way inside.
- Crabtree & Evelyn Orchard in Bloom Hand Therapy is a limited edition scent of their popular hand creams from last year. Not my favourite hand cream formula because it does not help my severely dry and irritated hands much, but still lovely for normal people.
- The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Hand Cream is part of a recently launched range that is really very soothing. I was sorry to see this one go, but truthfully, it is not as heavy duty as the Hemp Hand Cream.