Hello hello!! Today’s post is a first of its kind here on Silverkis’ World… It started out with a resolution to make a dent in my ever-growing pile of products, and then I thought it’d be cool to document my progress monthly. There is a huge sense of satisfaction in amassing these empties and then photographing them for posterity. And then when thumb-icitis starts to become a real threat as I struggle to pen down my final words on each of these products, I figured it was time to type them on a proper keyboard instead. Where better to type them all down, than on the blog! This is not meant to be actual reviews, but really just my own personal thoughts. I hope to be as succinct as possible, the first things that come to mind as I view each one of them, and then I’ll link up full reviews where I have them. Hopefully this will be a fun read for you, and grow into a real series over time!
This is a bumper crop of sorts, and was amassed over 2 months because I was traveling quite a fair bit and couldn’t get around to photographing them. There is a good mix of hair, body and face products here, so I will group them by categories.
1. June Jacobs Anti-Aging Blemish Control Foaming Cleanser is one of my favourite self-foaming cleanser ever! It has a lovely light floral scent, is gentle on my skin, has anti-aging properties and helps control acne. Read the full review here.
2. Tatcha Indigo Soothing Renewal Treatment was one of the first products from the Indigo range that was endorsed by the National Eczema Association, and was marketed as a targeted treatment for eczema sufferers. It contained 3% colloidal oatmeal and other beneficial ingredients. I love the Tatcha Indigo range [see here], but this is the only one that I struggled with. I first used it on my eczema patches on my face, but it only left me with blue stains and didn’t help in any way. Then I applied it on my son’s body, and it didn’t help his eczema either. I see now this product is no longer on Tatcha’s website, which is probably a good thing.
3. Tatcha Pore Perfecting Water Gel on the other hand is something I really enjoyed and have already replaced! It is the perfect day moisturizer for those with oily skin and helps keep shine away. Read the full review here.
4. Neutrogena Deep Clean is a great drugstore find, it self-foams right out of the bottle which makes my life so much easier. More importantly, it removes makeup perfectly and does not strip the skin dry.
5. Estelle and Thild Biocalm Optimal Comfort Rescue Oil is something I had been meaning to review in a while, but never got around to. It’s one of the most affordable and yet beautifully formulated facial oil around. Formulated specifically for sensitive skin, it does not contain any fragrances and uses the finest organic plant oils. This baby helped me survive the bitter winter last January in Germany… when nothing worked, not even the richest cream I had with me, I added a few drops of this oil to everything – hair, body, face… and I returned to Singapore with even better skin than when I left!
6. Skin Inc custom serum blend for dehydrated, dull skin with blemishes and dark circles. It contains hyaluronic acid, liquorice and vitamin A. I found this very hydrating, great for layering especially in the day time under makeup. However, apart from that, I did not notice any brightening or more even skin tone.
7. Chanel La Solution 10 has been my trusted travel companion this whole year, and I finally hit bottom mid-way through my holiday in Spain last month, which was almost cataclysmic for me. Ladies, if you suffer from sensitive, easily irritated skin, you need this in your drawer at all times! Read the full review here.
8. Jonzac Cream Riche Haute Tolerance is another drugstore find that is gold! It is formulated with thermal spring water, and is designed for dry, reactive skin. I love that it comes with a pump dispenser, which is so convenient for me. The texture is a little heavy for the face in hot, humid climates, but to be honest, I used it on my neck which is prone to eczema. I struck jackpot when I started applying it on my son’s neck, elbows and back of knees where he gets his eczema too, and it had helped him so much! Any mummies who are paying crazy prices for baby creams, definitely look this one up!
1. My favourite salon released its own range of hair boosters recently, and it has completely changed my hair! Choose from fortifying weakened hair, to smoothening out frizzy manes… these are designed to boost your existing conditioner or hair mask. Read the full review here.
2. I started using Goldwell’s Kerasilk haircare range last year, and I’m never going to stray! This Control hair mask is my favourite as it keeps my hair feeling soft and smooth, and I am already into my 3rd tub. Review here.
3. L’Oreal Mythic Oil Conditioning Balm for Thick Hair is very rich and is probably best used interchangeably with a lighter conditioner. I found it really heavy even on my thick, frizzy hair, and am glad to be done with it.
Congratulations on making it through such a lengthy read! Clearly, brevity is not my strength. It is my hope that you found this post somewhat useful the next time you are out shopping. If anything here caught your eye and there isn’t a full review linked up, please let me know in the comments below, and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!
That’s a lot of products emptied!!! Congratulations! I know it sounds silly, but given the mass of products we acquire, it really does take an effort to use up things, don’t you think? I’m going to have to take a look at Chanel La Solution 10. Sounds like I need to try it 🙂
Yes it really is…. I do feel very accomplished! ;P I highly recommend La Solution 10 if you have highly irritable skin.
Loved this post Linda!!
I think I need to try Chanel Solution 10..
I just started to use some Ordinary Products and I am already hooked! The hype is real!
Beauty by Lynmed
Thanks for stopping by, Lyna! I love La Solution 10… it’s awesome!! And The Ordinary is on my list…. just that I’ve got way too many at home as it is!
Such a cool post Linda, really enjoyed reading it! xx
Thanks Naya, glad you enjoyed it!